Rules for Creating Shifts
In order for Quinyx to be able to calculate your optimum staffing, you need to set rules to create shifts. For example, you tell Quinyx how many people you need to sell up to a certain amount, to serve X number of visitors, or receive a certain number of support calls, over one hour.
One example might be:
- To create rules, go to the Forecast menu and the Rules for creation of shifts submenu, to create shifts.
- State the Hourly Sales value (note - it could be any variable not necessarily sales)
- Select the variable in the drop-down menu
- Select the relevant shift type by dragging and releasing it from right to left, or double-clicking on the shift type on the right
- Add the number of people needed to work for the stated volume (e.g. a certain sales figure or foot fall per hour)
- Click Save.
- Repeat the above steps until you have all rules for your shift, including zero (which in Quinyx is 1), and a high maximum value.