Staff categories can be viewed as different permission levels in Quinyx and determine, for instance, who will have permissions for the Admin Portal and who will only have permissions for the Employee Portal. Staff categories also determine who will be able to see all the units in the organisation and who will only be able to see their own unit or section. By assigning different staff categories to Quinyx, you ensure that the right person has the right permissions in Quinyx.
The staff category that you created linked to an underlying Quinyx role that controls authorisation.
Create staff categories
Staff > Staff categories > Add
- Enter a Staff category name. You usually use the same terms which are used in your own company.
- The staff category must then be linked to a Role.
- Click Save
- Reader is a staff category that is not used at present.
- Staff only grants employees permission for the Employee Portal.
- Asst. manager is a staff category that is not used at present.
- Section manager grants permissions for both the Admin Portal and the Employee Portal. A Section manager can see the schedule for his/her own section, but not for anyone else's section. In addition, a Section manager can only see the employees linked to his/her own section and those who do not belong to any section.
- Local manager has permissions for both the Admin Portal and the Employee Portal. A Local manager has the option of viewing the schedule for his/her whole unit and, therefore, all the sections within his/her unit.
- District manager involves permissions for both the Admin Portal and the Employee Portal. The District manager has the option of viewing all the units included in his/her own district.
- Manager is the highest permission level in Quinyx, which also has access to both the Admin Portal and the Employee Portal, granting permissions to all the units in the organisation.
- Monitoring is a role that can be used together with the Task module and can be assigned to an individual who has read-only rights.
Examples of staff categories, different industries