Absence reason types are created to group absence types in some reports, and in certain payroll systems determine where a transaction will end up in the payroll file. You can specify for each absence type whether it will generate salary (but not which pay type) for the employee and whether it will be considered as time worked. You can also set whether the absence type will be considered as sickness, leave, holiday, or another type of absence.
List of absence types
By clicking "Absence settings" under the header "Absence management", you can create, edit, and sort absence types as well as manage absence reason types:
Manage absence reason types
To manage absence reason types, click on "..." in the top corner of the page and select "Manage absence reason types."
From the "Manage absence reasons types" panel your absence reason types can be added, updated, and deleted:
Add absence reason types
Click on the plus sign in the top right corner, and a new dialogue box will appear:
In configuring a new absence reason type, you can:
- Give your absence reason type a name.
- Select if it should be considered as sickness, vacation, or permission (not mandatory).
- Select if it should be salary-based (not mandatory).
- Select if it should be count as worked hours (not mandatory).
Save when you are done, and your new absence reason type will display in the list.
Edit absence reason types
Click on the pen icon next to the absence reason type you want to edit. A new dialogue box will appear:
Edit the information you want to change, and save when you're finished to store your changes.
Delete absence reason type
Click on the trash can icon next to the absence reason type you want to delete. A confirmation message will appear:
Click delete if you want to proceed with deleting the absence reason type. The absence reason type will then be deleted, and the dialogue box will close.
Manage absence types
Once you have created an "Absence reason type," you can create a new "Absence type."
To add an absence type, click "Add absence type" from the list view and a new dialogue panel will appear.
When configuring a new absence type, you can:
- Give your absence type a name, abbreviation and absence code.
- Link it with an existing absence reason type.
- Configure the calculation rules.
- Define how the new absence type should affect existing shifts.
- Apply any additional, advanced configurations.
Save once done, and your absence type will be visible in the list of absence types.
To edit, click on the name of the absence type you'd like to change. To delete, click on the associated trash can icon.
Connecting salary types
For each absence type you can create a new connection to an existing "Salary Type."
In the list view you can see whether a salary type is linked to the specific absence type. To configure that, you can click the click on the paper clip icon next to the absence type you want to manage:
From the "Connected salary types" panel you have an overview of the different salary types associated with specific absence type. Here you can:
- Add a new salary type connection by clicking the "+" icon.
- Edit an existing salary type connection by clicking the "pencil" icon.
- Delete an existing salary type connection by clicking on the "trash can" icon.
When adding or deleting a salary type, you can also define advanced configurations unique to that absence type - salary type combination.