View, add, edit, and archive cost centers
View cost centers
To view a list of all existing cost centers, navigate to account settings and click "Cost centers" under the heading "Tags & cost bearers" in the menu on the left-hand side.
A new page will open, and you can see a list of all existing cost centers.
You'll be able to view the following columns:
- Name: Name of the cost center.
- Reference: Reference of the cost center.
- Last modified: Date and time for when the cost center was last modified.
- Webpunch: Whether the cost center is visible in Webpunch.
- Actions: Click to edit or archive the cost center.
It's possible to sort the list on name, reference, or last modified.
You'll see a search bar at the top of the cost center:
As you begin typing your search word, the list will be narrowed down, and the search result will be highlighted in yellow:
Quinyx displays 100 items per page for cost centers. If you have more than 100 items, you'll see the number of pages in the top-right corner, and you can use the arrows to jump between pages:
Add cost centers
You can add new cost centers by clicking on the green "Add cost center" button. A new pop-up will appear, and you can start adding new cost centers.
- Name: Enter a name for the cost center.
- Reference: Enter a reference for the cost center.
- Show in Webpunch: Select whether the cost center should be visible in Webpunch.
You have two options:
- Save and close: The pop-up will close, and you'll see a success message in the top right corner notifying you that the cost center has been saved.
- Add more: The cost center will be saved and display in the list of cost centers immediately. You'll be notified with a success message inside the pop-up indicating the cost center was added. You can continue adding more cost centers by repeating the steps listed above.
Edit cost centers
To edit an existing cost center, click on the pen icon under "Actions". A new pop-up will appear, allowing you to edit the name, reference, and whether the cost center should be visible in Webpunch.
Click save when you're finished with your changes. The pop-up will close, and you'll see a success message in the top right-hand corner notifying you that the changes are saved.
You can edit cost centers manually when they have been inherited from any sort of Quinyx entity (section, shift type, staff card, unit). You can clear the current cost center selection to either leave it blank or replace it with another cost center value.
The cost center that applied when the shift in question was actually created still displays in the cost center field:
Archive cost centers
If a cost center is no longer used, it's possible to archive it. This will hide the cost center from all selection menus inside the application and from the list of cost centers under account settings.
Click on the archive icon under actions, and the cost center will disappear from the list.
To view previously archived cost centers, click on the three dot menu in the top right-hand corner and click "Select view archived cost centers". The archived cost centers will then be displayed in the list. They will be greyed out and the archive icon crossed over so that you can easily see which cost centers have been archived.
To unarchive the cost center, just click on the archive symbol, and the cost center will be active again.
If you no longer want to see archived cost centers in the list, go to the three dot menu again, and select "Hide archived cost centers".