- New functionality
Release date March 23, 2022
Availability - Mobile applications
We have implemented the possibility for our users to see, create, edit, and delete their own availability hours in our mobile apps. For the mobile apps, the permission for availability is turned off by default and needs to be turned on under Mobile and staff portal permissions in web.quinyx.com. You can find information about the availability functionality here.
Availability - Web application
In this release, we are including the first part of our new feature for managing availability!
Availability is a way for mobile app users to let their managers know when they are available to work. It is also possible for managers to add/edit/delete availability, assign a shift via the availability into a shift, send out reminders about submitting availability, view availability metrics, and use availability as a factor in auto schedule/auto assign. Read more about how Availability within Auto Assign works here and Availability within Auto Schedule here.
For this first part you will, in the web application, be able to view availability submitted by employees (read more about how they can do that here), assign a shift via the availability, control the permissions for the availability feature and configure minimum required availability hours per week (that will be visible in the mobile app for the employees). In future releases, more features related to availability will be added, so stay tuned!
By default, the permission for availability will be set to No access for everyone. If you want to use this feature, go into Account settings > Role management where you will find a new permission called Availability:
Here you can decide if the selected role should have no access (default), read access, or write access:
- No access: Nothing related to availability will be visible in the application.
- Read access: Managers will be able to see all information related to availability.
- Write access: Managers will be able to add, edit, and delete everything related to availability.
After the employees have submitted availability, the availability will display as new schedule items inside the schedule view. You will see the start and end time of the submitted availability, and when you click on an availability, you will be able to see details such as section, unit, and comment:
Turn availability into a shift
When you click on an availability item, you will see a detailed view with a button called Add shift:
If you click Add shift, the regular add shift panel will open, and you can easily add a shift that matches the employee's submitted availability:
Once the shift is created, it displays in the schedule view, and you will still be able to see the availability:
Minimum required availability hours per week
In agreement templates and personal agreements a new field is added that is called minimum required availability hours per week. The field is placed under the section called working hours and periods.
When you have set a number in that field it will be visible for the employees in the mobile app when they add availability. If they haven’t added availability hours that matches the number set on the agreement they will be notified by a red number and text in the bottom of the screen.
PDF Form Configuration
With this release, we've added support to manage PDF form configurations.
Add, edit, delete
Under Account Settings > Forms > PDF Forms, you can directly upload and manage existing PDF forms in Quinyx:
Updates and performance improvements
Scheduled headcount considered by Schedule filters
As of this release, any applied schedule filters will be considered in the Scheduled headcount variable, just like for other variables. In the chart mode of the statistics, you can expect the filtering to take place on the resolution you’ve defined (which can be any time between 5 to 60 minutes).
Note that the above-mentioned variable is only visible in Schedule in the first place if, in Account settings > Statistics > Variable settings, it has been added to a display group and that display group has been set to be visible in the schedule.
Punch is missing warning moved to Schedule filters’ Shifts > Warnings
As of this release, we’re moving the Punch is missing warning. This warning is only visible if the checkbox in Account settings > Agreements > Warnings >Time missing for a shift is ticked. Before this release, you filtered on this warning in Schedule using the field Punch > Warnings. From now on, you will filter on it using the Shifts > Warnings filters. The reason for this change is partly technical - meaning that long-term, a solution where this warning is selected through this field instead will reduce the risk of bugs and other maintenance issues - but the reason is also conceptual; this warning does apply to shifts, since it only displays if there is a shift (with end time in the past) that doesn’t have a punch.
- Resolved an issue that produced an error message when Actual salary cost, Expected salary cost, or Expected salary cost (business day) were selected in Schedule Statistics.
- Resolved an issue that displayed the incorrect data for the Worked hours excluding absence variable in Schedule Statistics when filtering on shift type.
- Resolved an issue that produced the error message Action could not be performed as data within the selected period has been transferred to payroll although no punches existed during that period.
- Resolved an issue that caused tasks on unassigned shifts to disappear when adding an absence using an absence schedule.
- Resolved an issue that produced the warning Employee’s nominal hours for the schedule period have been exceeded when no hours were exceeded.
- Resolved performance issues in Statistics services.
- Resolved an issue where the Payroll report did not show start and end date + time for assigned shifts.
- Resolved an issue with the Punched Hours report where manual salary types was not visible despite generated salary types box being ticked.
- Resolved an issue with Account Settings, Mobile and staff portal permissions, change of access right is reverted to old value when saving.
- Resolved an issue with the Schedule period report where it showed incorrect nominal hours (in some specific cases).
- Resolved an issue with the Schedule report where shift type colors were missing.
- Resolved a bug related to how the input time tracker field behaves when adding a negative value in combination with 0.
New HelpDocs articles
- Availability within Auto Assign
- Availability within Auto Schedule
- Mobile app and Staff portal functionality
- Mobile - Availability
- Mobile- Quick start
- OpenID Single Sign On
- PDF forms
REST API/Web services updates
When using call api.quinyx.com/v2/forecasts/static-rules, results will now be paginated. Each page will return 20 results by default, however users can change the number returned per page. The first set of results returned will be from page one. Headers can be used to navigate through different pages. Please see swagger for more details.
SOAP API / Webservice updates
Endpoints being deprecated and removed
No endpoints currently deprecated and planned for removal.
Product Innovation Keynote
Deeper Insights & Better Decisions: Get an Exclusive Look at Our Newest Solution!
Presented by Sammy Walton, Head of Product Evangelism at Quinyx
March 30th 2022, 3PM BST | 4PM CEST | 9PM US EST | 6AM US PST
Topics during the 30 minute keynote
- Why now more than ever, data is necessary to understand your workforce and business
- How we’re taking the next step in our mission to provide an AI-driven all-in-one workforce management platform
- Why this new solution is the data game-changer you need to optimize and engage your workforce and stay compliant
- New and upcoming functionalities that give you a full 360˚ view of all of your metrics to allow you to make data driven decisions
Seats are limited, so if you want to be one of the first to see what this is all about, sign up now!
Give us your feedback!
We would like for you to review our product on G2, the leading software review site where thousands of users write reviews about platforms and tools they use at work.
When users like you write reviews about Quinyx, it helps potential customers and users understand the value our product brings. Thanks to reviews we have received so far, we are named as G2's best HR Software 2022.
We would greatly appreciate your review. It will only take about 5 minutes. And… to thank you for your time, you will receive a Visa or Amazon eGift card worth $25 (or equivalent local currency).
To start the review process, just choose from the options below: