Release date October 7, 2020
Important information about APIs
We encourage all of our customers to make use of our APIs to maintain data and to make sure that information is up-to-date. To ensure the scalability of our APIs while growing our customer and user base, we've decided to add restrictions on usage of our SOAP APIs.
These restrictions will be enforced programmatically and means that we'll l enforce a limit on concurrent calls per customer to 10. You should expect response code 429 if you happen to exceed this limit, we recommend that you implement a backoff-retry mechanism to handle the limit.
We'll start by introducing the limit at a higher level, which won't affect any customers’ usage on RC for testing purposes within the next month and on Production January 14th. The limit of 10 concurrent calls will be introduced on RC January 21st 2021 and on Production February 10th 2021. Note that the limit applies to SOAP only. When moving from SOAP to Rest over the coming years, any limits will be built into the API.
Define specific leave types to be included in eligibility rules for Bank holidays
It's now possible to define what leave types are to be taken into consideration when deciding whether an employee is eligible for compensation on a bank holiday.
We implemented the original functionality earlier this year, and this is an addition to that. Configuration is currently only available via SOAP API. Click here for more information.
Calculated compensation for Bank Holidays - option to select Salary code as output
It's now possible to select a salary type that should be the output for the calculated compensation. The current functionality (before 385) is developed so that the output of salary types are the ones that are included in the calculation. With this new functionality, you now have the possibility to define one selected salary type for the total of calculated salary types.
Updates and performance improvements
5.3 wsdlGetProjects is removed from our API. This was old and is in no way connected to the dimension project, account, or cost center.
- Correction to validation failing when using wsdlUpdateShiftTypes.
- Correction to error when trying to delete a district. You'll now be presented with a list of employees connected to the district that has to be removed before the district can be deleted.
- Correction to Webpunch unspecified error when selecting absence and overtime off in lieu while punching out.
API / Web service updates
- wsdlGetUnit , wsdlGetUnits now return "timezone" correctly when only set on customer level (and inherited to units).
- wsdlUpdateEmployeeSkills can now be used with extSkillId as an alternative input.
- wsdlUpdateEligibilityRules updated with possibility to define specific leavetypes
The following SOAP API endpoints will be discontinued and removed from Quinyx WFM mid January 2021 (planned for 2021-01-13)
- 7.3 wsdlGetUserDefinedFields
- 7.4 wsdlUpdateUserDefinedFields
- 7.5 wsdlGetUserDefinedFieldValues
- 7.6 wsdlUpdateUserDefinedValues
- 7.7 wsdlGetUserDefinedShifts
- 7.8 wsdlUpdateUserDefinedShifts
- 5.2 wsdlUpdateCrmCustomers
- 5.4 wsdlUpdateCrmRoles
- 5.5 wsdlUpdateCrmOrders
- 5.6 wsdlGetCrmDecisions