How to assign shifts to another employee in a rolled out schedule if an employee leaves the company
There may be times when an employee leaves a company and a shift needs to be reassigned to a different employee but the schedule has already been rolled out. You can choose to resolve this one of two ways.
- Navigate to Schedule view, and select as long a period as possible (maximum 60 days).
- Click on the employee name/picture of the person who is leaving the company.
- Select Move shift.
- Select the employee to whom the shifts are to be moved.
- Terminate the employment of the person who is leaving the company.
- Navigate to the Base schedule and move the shifts from the one that ends to the one that has started so that these are included in the next rollout.
- Navigate to Schedule view.
- Delete the shifts for the employee who is leaving the company (you can do this via the same panel where you move the shifts).
- Navigate to the Base schedule.
- Move the shifts in the Base schedule from the employee who is leaving to the employee who will be taking the shifts.
- Roll out the Base schedule for only the new person for the period.
If you end employment for an employee who has a shift, those shifts will automatically be vacated after an end date if you don't perform the steps in either Option 1 or Option 2.