- New functionality
Release date April 20, 2022
It’s time for more features related to the new availability functionality! In this version, we're releasing the possibility to set up an automatic locking for availability. Quinyx can also send reminders to employees about submitting minimum required availability hours.
With the auto lock feature, you can configure a recurring pattern for your organization. You can use this to collect availability from employees within a set time frame. Then, you can provide the time to the managers (or AI) so they can create a schedule with availability as a factor.
The auto lock feature will lock a defined period so that employees can’t edit their submitted availability during that period. You can also set up a reminder about submitting the minimum required availability hours to be sent out before the period is locked.
You can find the auto lock configuration in Account settings > Availability > Auto lock:
- From: Define when the locking period should start.
- To: Define how long the locking period should occur.
- Locking date: Define when the actual locking of the configured period should happen.
- Send reminder: Define how many days before the locking date a reminder should be sent to employees.
If the auto lock is configured as in the image above, the functionality will work as described below:
On the 25th of April (7 days before the locking period), Quinyx will automatically lock the period between the 2nd of May and two weeks forward (from and to). A reminder will be sent out to the employees on the 30th of April (2 days before the locking date).
This will then repeat in the same interval but with new dates according to the auto lock configured in the image above.
If the auto lock is also configured to send out a reminder to employees that have not met the minimum required availability hours per week (configured on their agreement), they will receive a reminder that they haven’t submitted enough hours for the period that will be locked. The reminder will arrive as a Qmail:
The name of the employee, the period that will be locked, and when the locking will happen is automatically picked up by Quinyx and included in the reminder.
Employee additional Fields
We've added new functionality to the Additional fields configurations. You can now manually define the order of the additional fields as they should appear in the employee card in the People tab.
This means that you can now configure the order of these custom configurations (found in People > Employee X > Additional fields) to allow for better grouping and to better reflect the natural flow of information.
Mobile app - possibility to see your created availability in the schedule
In Version 3.16 of the mobile app, once you've created an availability in the Availability tab, you can see it in the schedule as well:
Updates and performance improvements
Logic clarification of salary name translations
In this release, we've updated the logic on the translation of salary type names. The logic is as follows:
- If there is a custom name on a salary type, Quinyx doesn't translate it, and it will be shown as set on (by priority):
- Agreement template
- Global salary type setting
- If there is not a custom name set on either the agreement template or in the global salary type setting, Quinyx displays the standard name and translates it according to the selected language in Quinyx.
When a shift type is updated with a cost center and/or project, the update will be reflected in punches as well from the point of time when the update was made. This includes historical shifts if they are selected in the date range.
Quinyx remembers statistics selections - on account level
As we pointed out in the Version 0131 release notes, the change in version 0131 to Quinyx remembering many of your schedule selections on account level didn't yet include statistics selections. In this version, we've made improvements so that Quinyx also remembers the following on account level:
Whether or not statistics are displayed
Display or don’t display
Statistics view mode
Any variable selection in any display group (cost/hours/custom display groups)
Shift type updates of cost center and project reflected in reports
When a shift type is updated with a cost center and/or a project, the update will be reflected not only in the GUI but also in reports containing this information the Salary details report, for instance). Note that this will be applied when you choose to Update shifts in the Actions tab in Shift types and not by only saving the edited shift type.
- Resolved an issue that produced different totals for the same date in Schedule Statistics for Worked hours excluding absence in the daily schedule view vs. the weekly schedule view.
- Resolved an intermittent and inconsistent issue in the Schedule view that didn’t display employees that were missing a punch even when the Punches > Attest > Employee approval missing filter was selected.
- Resolved an issue that prevented the deletion of an absence from the Schedule view.
- Resolved an issue where the Worked hours employee metric incorrectly didn't count absence shifts marked as worked hours when those same shifts were set to not count as scheduled hours.
- Resolved an issue that made it possible to edit an absence and to delete a shift in a locked period.
- Resolved an issue in wsdlUpdateTimePunches, that the response did not contain data for punchIn or punchOut time, if sent punchIn time was earlier than sent punchOut time (e.g., crossing a calendar day).
- Resolved an issue related to the wrong language set for auto-generated Qmails in the mobile app.
- Resolved an issue with both mobile and staff portal permissions, where the change of access right was reverted to the old value when saving.
New HelpDocs articles
SOAP API / Webservice updates
Endpoints being deprecated and removed
No endpoints are currently deprecated and planned for removal.
Please make sure to forward this information to the party within your company responsible for integrations.
Give us your feedback!
We would like for you to review our product on G2, the leading software review site where thousands of users write reviews about platforms and tools they use at work.
When users like you write reviews about Quinyx, it helps potential customers and users understand the value our product brings. Thanks to reviews we have received so far, we are named as G2's best HR Software 2022.
We would greatly appreciate your review. It will only take about 5 minutes. And… to thank you for your time, you will receive a Visa or Amazon eGift card worth $25 (or equivalent local currency).
To start the review process, just choose from the options below: