The base schedule rollout logic determines what happens when you roll out a base schedule over a time period multiple times.
The logic described in this article only applies if a base schedule is rolled out anew over the same period in Schedule using the same base schedule start week and weekday compared to the first time. Also, if you've configured shift assignment on away units to require approval, the logic described in this article doesn't apply to shifts approved by an approving manager.
Edits in Base Schedule
If you roll out your base schedule multiple times over the same time period in Schedule but make edits in your base schedule between rollouts, the next rollout will only roll out the edits made in your base schedule.
Edits in Schedule
Below follows a list of possible edits that can be made to shifts in Schedule:
- Deletion of shift
- Editing of shift duration (by editing start and/or end time of shift)
- Editing of shift type
- Addition, deletion or editing of break
- Moving of shift (to other date and/or other start and end time)
- Conversion of shift into absence shift
- Shift swap with other employee
- Un-assigning of shift
- Assigning of shift to an employee
- Previously un-assigned shifts
- Shifts previously assigned to another employee
- Moving of shift from one section to another
- Change of project to which a shift is assigned
- Change of cost centre to which shift is assigned
- Change of employee agreement (for the same assignee)
- Addition/removal of task to/from a shift
- Edit of task on a shift
- Change in duration of task
- Moving of task (to other date and/or other start and end time)
- Addition of a punch to the shift
For points 1), 6) and 16) above, the shifts originating from the first rollout of the base schedule are rolled out anew during a re-rollout. For 1), this also applies if you've first moved a shift to another date or time in Schedule and then deleted it. This will be improved long term.
For points 2) - 5) and 7) - 15) above, the shifts edited in Schedule originating from the first rollout of the base schedule are not rolled out anew during a re-rollout. This also applies if the shift has been updated both in Schedule and in Base schedule.