Mobile - Quinyx Engagement
The idea of Pulse is for managers to be able to send out short questions to staff to gauge how happy and engaged they are. The questions will pop up as a push notification that can be answered quickly and easily so that they are not annoying. The manager creates the questions in the Pulse tab straight away in the mobile apps. The setup of the questions is quick and simple with a flexible way of choosing who the question should be sent to.
- The manager can now reach a specific tab called "Pulse" where he/she can define a custom question or choose to use a question that is shared by a colleagues. You can share questions you created by clicking the lock. The manager can choose to send the question as grades 1-5 or consisting of 5 different smiley faces/grades where the person that receives the question grades his answer by choosing a specific smiley face/grade. It is possible to send up to 3 questions in 1 pulse.
- The manager can choose which parts of the company to send out the Pulse to, for example specified units, sections, staff categories or employees. The same rules as which people the manager can add shifts for applies to who the manager can send out a Pulse to, i.e. a local manager can send out the Pulse to all employees in his/hers unit.
- Before the manager sends out the Pulse he/she will have to choose a time span that defines when the Pulse is sent out and how long time the employees has to answer the Pulse before the results are gathered and sent to the manager.
- The manager can also choose if answer(s) to the Pulse will be anonymous or not. If the answer is anonymous, this will be clearly stated in the employee receives, e.g. "Your answer is anonymous". There is also a hardcoded setting that states "At least 5 people must answer the pulse in order for the Pulse to be deemed anonymous". If this number of recipients is not reached no gathered data will be sent to the manager since we can not guarantee it is a 100 % anonymous. If the Pulse is NOT anonymous we will display all individual answers with the persons name and the score they gave in the document, also we show the average per unit the same way we do with anonymous Pulses.
- The manager can see the Pulse that has been sent out and how many of the recipients that has answered the Pulse. The manager has the possibility to send another push notification Qmail to all the recipients that has not answered the Pulse yet to remind them. This function has a cooldown setting on order to avoid spam.
- When the time span of the Pulse has run out the manager downloads the results in the pulses detailed page. When creating the report the manager is presented with 3 options on how to group the reports results: 1. Unit & Section level 2. Unit level 3. Only totals. Only totals is a good choice if the pulse is anonymous and there are fewer than 5 responders on each unit/section. If you choose to generate the report with unit and section you will see all answers on a unit/section level and the score per unit and section. The report that is generated is defined in an xls document that is sent to the managers email address.
- It is possible to rule by access right which managers that have the possibility to send out Pulses to the employees. We also have a license key in the customer card in Classic named "Pulse" that rules if the function is enabled at all for anyone in the customer and makes sure the customer pays for it.
- If the choose to "Send reminder" the reminder will ONLY go to the users that have not yet answered the Pulse.
- When the manager clicks "download results" for an already finished Pulse - the results will automatically be sent to the email address the manager has registered in Quinyx.
- The results generated and sent are be compiled into a xls file that can be imported to any spreadsheet.
- The employees have a specific menu item in the app in which they can find all the Pulses that has been sent to them and answer them. If you have a new Pulse the Pulse menu item will be indicated with a "1" to show that you have an unanswered pulse.
- When a Pulse is sent out to an employee he/she receives a Qmail and a push notification asking the employee to answer the Pulse.
- When the employee has answered the Pulse it is marked as done.
In many apps it is possible to receive and award badges as a reward for certain achievements. A user's badges are often displayed openly throughout the app, so that other users can see them. Our idea is to allow users to award their colleagues with badges, and also in the future - the system to award badges automatically to users for certain achievements in the future. "Badges" is a specific module inside of the employee engagement module.
Users are able to award badges to their fellow colleagues to e.g. reward them for being a good colleague, it could be if they have helped them out of a jam by taking over one of their shifts, helped them with a tough work task etc. When awarding a badge to a colleague, the user is able to write a short motivation/reason for the award.
- There are three badges you can award your colleagues with right now:
- Super colleague
- Problem solver
- Game changer
- A user is only allowed to issue one of each specific badge to a colleague once every month (30 days), to avoid a badge inflation. When you already sent the badge and go to the send badge view again it will be clear which badges you can send right now and which ones have a cooldown time, and how long cooldown time is left.
- A colleague can receive the same badge from multiple different colleagues - if this happens, it will be highlighted in the badges module as "Problem solver x3" to indicate that this person received this badge 3 times. You will also see that colleagues have received badges by a icon in the profile picture throughout the app.
What happens when someone receives a badge?
- The user will receive a push notification Qmail which explains why they received it.
- The badge is shown in connection with the profile picture of the user, e.g. in the schedule and in the colleague list.
Options & Controls
- Employers are able to switch off the badges feature inside of the badges module. It is turned on by default.
- Employees are able to delete all their badges or delete specific badges that they want to get rid off if some.