In Notifications, you can get overview of items to take action on in the schedule. You can find it on the right hand side in the toolbar by clicking the "bell icon".
Notifications shows a list of required actions. The different types of required actions are:
- Shift bookings
- Displayed for the future from today's date up until the last day of the published period. If a shift has multiple applicants, the number of applicants will appear in a badge close to their avatars which are stapled on top of each other:
- Shift unassignment requests
- Displayed for the future from today's date up until the last day of the published period
- This section contains requests from employees wishing not to work a certain shift. If you have the "Allow swap choice" unit setting unticked, your employees are only able to express that they wish to not work a certain shift - they're not able to specify who they would like to give that shift to nor who to swap shifts with. If you have the same setting ticked, one of multiple options for your employees is to signal that they want to give up a shift and that anyone else may book it instead. Both of these are cases of what we refer to as unassignment requests - the employee wishes to be unassigned from the shift in question.Just as with other shift and absence requests, the unassignment requests appear in the Notifications panel. The shift in question will appear along with the employee's name and picture and the mention "Wishes to be unassigned":
- Clicking the shift in question will bring you to a detail panel. This panel contains the name and picture of the requester and also a drop-down menu allowing you to assign possible assignees. "Unassigned" is selected by default. The same panel contains shift details and task details if the shift contains a task.At the bottom of the panel, you can perform any action selected in the panel using the "Approve" button. The "Deny" button will disregard the selection of the drop-down and simply remove the request from the Notifications panel. Whether you approve or deny, the employee in question will receive a notification accordingly.
- Leave requests
- Displayed back in time and for the future.
- Notices of interest
- Displayed for the future from today's date.
- Unassigned shifts
- Displayed for the future from today's date up until the last day of the published period.