Edit time punches
Access the "Edit punch" side panel by selecting the punch and clicking "More options" in the "Edit punch" dialog that appears. In the side panel, under the "Edit punch" heading, you can see any warnings associated with the punch.
In the side panel, you can also view and edit the following details:
- Date and time
- Attest punch
- Punch information
- Cost center
- Punch comment
- Overtime/Additional time type
- Corrective actions
- Split punch
- Correct breaks
- Salary outcome
- Select the "Delete punch" button to delete the punch entirely.
- Select "OK" to save your changes or "Cancel" to close the window.
Date & Time
This section displays and allows you to edit the start and end times of the punch.
- Open: Tick this box to make this an open punch, meaning it ends whenever the employee decides to punch out.
This section contains the shift that this punch is linked to. You may edit shift using the drop-down menu.
This section contains the check boxes for employee and manager attesting of punches. Depending on your settings, the employee either has to attest himself/herself, or the manager can attest both for the employee and manager:
A blue punch box with a white tick in in the schedule view indicates that the shift has been attested by both employee and manager, while an empty box means there are attestations missing from at least one of the parties:
- Section: This menu allows you to move a shift from one section to another.
- Cost center: This menu allows you to set the cost center that the punch will debit. The default value here will be the cost center set in the employee agreement, but this can be changed for specific shifts using this drop-down menu.
- Project: This menu allows you to set what project this punch should be linked to (optional).
- Agreement: Here you can add what agreement should apply to this punch. This may affect, for instance, what salary, unsocial time compensation and similar are paid out for this specific punch.
Leaving a comment regarding the punch may be useful if, for instance, the cost center selected for the punch is different compared to the one usually used for this employee. In cases like these, the punch comment can help remind yourself and other administrators why this specific punch was set up the way it was.
Overtime / Additional time type
This section allows you to tick radio boxes to indicate whether any overtime or additional time in this shift should be paid or compensated as saved time off in lieu. Just like in other sections, the default value here is retrieved from the prevailing agreement. However, any selection you make here will override the prevailing agreement settings for overtime compensation. For instance, if the agreement used for Francis Eccle specifies overtime and additional time should be paid, but you specify in this section that it should be compensated through saved time off in lieu, the latter will apply, but only for this punch in specific.
Add a punch to a shift
You can add punches in Neo by selecting Add > Punch in the Schedule view.
Start by selecting employee and date, after that you can connect the punch to a shift.
You can also create an Open punch, for instance, if an employee has forgotten to punch in and has an ongoing shift, you can add the punch during the ongoing shift so that the employee can punch out when the shift ends.
Add a punch to a task
You can connect punches to tasks.
- In Schedule view, click Add > Punch:
- In the Add punch panel, click the employee for whom you want to add a punch.
- Chose the date and time.
- Under Shifts, select the task to which you want to add the punch. Tasks are indented in the Shifts drop-down:
- Set any other parameters you want associated with the punch, like requiring employee and/or manager attest, cost center, project, etc.
- Click Save.
- Now the punch on the task will be visible in Schedule view:
Split punches on tasks
- Time > "Punching in and out no breaks".
- Time > "Allow punching on tasks".
- Mobile punch flow > "Split punch on tasks".
If an employee is scheduled to work, but for some reason cannot punch in and out of tasks during the day, the manager can do this in Neo:
- Click on punch missing below the shift:
- Punches will be added based on the scheduled time on the shift and tasks. For instance:
- 10:00-11:00 - Punch on mother shift.
- 11:00-14:00 - Punch on task 1.
- 15:00-17:00 - Punch on task 2.
- 17:00-19:00 - Punch on mother shift.