Edit time punches
Access the Edit punch side panel by selecting the punch. In the side panel, under the Edit punch heading, you can see any warnings associated with the punch.
In the side panel, you can also view and edit the following details:
- Date and time of punch/initial value of punch
- Tick if this is an open punch
- Attest punch
- Punch information
- Cost center
- Punch comment
- Overtime/Additional time type
- Saved as time in lieu
- Type of unsocial time
- Save as time in lieu
- Select the Delete punch button to delete the punch entirely.
- Select Save to save your changes or Cancel to close the window.
This section contains the shift that this punch is linked to. You can edit shifts using the drop-down menu.
Date & Time
This section displays and allows you to edit the start and end times of the punch. The time displayed under the shift start and end times of the punch is the initial value of the punch.
- Open: Tick this box to make this an open punch, meaning it ends whenever the employee decides to punch out.
This section contains the check boxes for employees and managers attesting punches. Depending on your settings, the employee either has to attest the punch themselves or the manager can attest both for the employee and manager.
A blue punch box with a white checkmark in the schedule view indicates that the shift has been attested by both employee and manager, while an empty box means attestations are missing from at least one of the parties.
- Cost center: This menu allows you to set the cost center that the punch will debit. The default value here will be the cost center set in the employee agreement, but this can be changed for specific shifts using this drop-down menu.
- Project: This menu allows you to set what project this punch should be linked to (optional).
- Agreement: You can add which agreement should apply to this punch. This may affect, for instance, what salary, unsocial time compensation, and similar are paid out for this specific punch.
Leaving a comment regarding the punch may be useful if, for instance, if the cost center selected for the punch is different compared to the one usually used for this employee. In cases like these, the punch comment can help remind yourself and other administrators why this specific punch was set up the way it was.
When a comment has been added by an employee, an icon will display in the punch field. You can also see the comment when you hover over the punch comment icon.
Overtime / Additional time type
This section allows you to tick radio boxes to indicate whether any overtime or additional time in this shift should be paid or compensated as saved time off in lieu. Just like in other sections, the default value here is retrieved from the prevailing agreement. However, any selection you make here will override the prevailing agreement settings for overtime compensation. For instance, if the agreement used for Emma Aronsson specifies overtime and additional time should be paid, but you specify in this section that it should be compensated through saved time off in lieu, the latter will apply, but only for this punch specifically.
Missing punch view
When an employee has forgotten to punch in or when a punch doesn't exist for a shift for some reason, Quinyx expands the missing punch view for the manager to more easily add a correct punch from the beginning. Instead of the previous options to either add a punch or not, Quinyx shows you the full punch panel pre-filled with information from the shift.
Add a punch to a shift
You can add punches in Quinyx by selecting + > Punch in the schedule view.
Start by selecting the employee and date to connect the punch to a shift.
You can also create an open punch if an employee has forgotten to punch in and has an ongoing shift, you can add the punch during the ongoing shift so that the employee can punch out when the shift ends.
Add a punch to a task
You can connect punches to tasks.
To add a punch to a task:
- In Schedule view, click + > Punch.
- In the Add punch panel, click the employee for whom you want to add a punch.
- Select the tasks from the drop-down, just as you would select a shift.
- Chose the date and time.
- Set any other parameters you want to be associated with the punch, like requiring employee and/or manager attest, cost center, project, etc.
- Click Save.
- Now the punch on the task will be visible in the Schedule view.
Split punches on tasks
Time > Punching in and out no breaks.
- Time > Allow punching on tasks.
- Mobile punch flow > Split punch on tasks.
If an employee is scheduled to work, but for some reason cannot punch in and out of tasks during the day, the manager can do this in Quinyx.
- Click on the punch missing below the shift.
- Punches will be added based on the scheduled time on the shift and tasks. For instance:
- 10:00-11:00 - Punch on mother shift
- 11:00-14:00 - Punch on task 1
- 15:00-17:00 - Punch on task 2
- 17:00-19:00 - Punch on mother shift
In order for this functionality to work, you must have the warning Time missing for a shift activated.
Split punch on tasks with Webpunch
The following functionality can be used when an employee is set up to punch in and out of shifts using Webpunch/mobile and has scheduled tasks. This functionality was initially implemented to reduce the additional manual steps to create individual punches for each punch belonging to a task.
The above mentioned functionality can be turned on using two settings:
- Agreement template > Time > Punching in and out no breaks.
- Agreement template > Mobile punch flow > Split punch on tasks.