Logic - shift booking/swap notification logic
The manager(s) who can receive a notification is determined by several factors:
- If the manager has write access on permission "schedule".
- If there is at least one manager role in a group above the employee's highest role on the unit tree where the shift belongs. (The definition of a manager role in Quinyx is ALL roles except the employee role).
When an employee creates a shift booking/swap request, the notification will go to all managers on a unit (or section) where the shift is located with one role above the employee's highest role AND with write on permission "scheduling". The logic looks upwards in role and group hierarchy until it finds at least one manager to send the shift booking/swap request to. If there is no manager role one level above the employee's highest role in the unit/section where the shift is located, the logic looks two levels up, three levels up, etc. in the unit tree in the role and group hierarchy where the shift belongs until it finds at least one manager to send the shift booking/swap request to.
- If there are several managers with the same role on the same group, for example, three section managers, they will all receive the same shift booking/swap notification.
- If an employee has the role in multiple units or sections, the logic looks at the unit/section where the shift is located.
- If an employee has role employee and local manager on home unit, the logic looks for a manager one level above the highest role, in this case above the local manager role.
- Managers will not receive notifications if they have no access or read access on schedule permission.
Reports to manager
- The shift bookings/shift swap notification logic does not follow the reports to logic, it only follows the hierarchy explained above to ensure the managers in the unit/section the shifts is located gets the shift booking request.