- New functionality
Release date October 21, 2020
Book shifts / make shifts available
It's now possible to make your own shifts available for others to book. It is also possible to book shifts that are unassigned and have been made available for booking by colleagues. You can book an unassigned shift/colleague's shift by clicking "Book shift" in the shifts detail panel. You make your own shifts available for others to book in the detail panel as well.
As of version 0093, it's possible to see all approved, pending, and denied leave applications. It's also possible to create a new leave application and edit a pending one.
Part time absence on individual absence shifts
We're continuing to add additional absence functionality in this sprint. Now it’s possible to apply part time absence per individual absence shift.
- Apply absence, select employee, from and to date, absence type.
- Apply part time absence percentage under Part time absence:
- Select what you want to do with the absence shifts.
- All shifts in one go:
- Per individual shift:
- Select which action you want to apply on the absence shift(s):
- Keep the start of the shift:
- Unassign the last part of the shift.
- Delete the last part of the shift.
- Keep the end of the shift:
- Unassign the first part of the shift.
- Delete the first part of the shift.
- Edit the whole shift:
- Keep the whole shift.
- Unassign the whole shift.
- Delete the whole shift.
- Keep the start of the shift:
Min/max value in Time Tracker balance
In a previous release, we added a visual indication in the Time Tracker balance to show if the the value was above or below the defined value. Now, we're able to give more precise information 1) Value is greater than max value or, 2) Value is less than min value and also what the defined value is within brackets:
Employee metrics calculation period
As of this release, you’re able to determine for which period the employee metrics for all of the employees in the left-hand margin of the Schedule should display. This is set in the Employee list display options panel that we released in version 0092:
The selectable periods are:
- Selected period: This is whatever period you’re currently viewing in Schedule.
- Schedule period: This is configured in Agreement > Agreement template.
- Balance period: This is configured in Agreement > Agreement template.
Just as prior to this release, schedule period is default.
Worked/Rollout hours employee metric
In the employee metric panel, we’re adding a new metric: worked hours vs rollout hours. This metric will be particularly useful for those of you aiming to use base schedule as an overtime method (when we release that soon), but it's also useful for anyone wanting to follow up on an employee's worked hours in regards to rolled out base schedule hours.
The data used in worked hours is the exact same ones as the ones in the worked hours vs nominal hours metric. The data used in the rollout hours is a snapshot of all the base schedule shift hours of the latest rollout of any one base schedule rolled out for the given employee.
A few details regarding the rollout hours:
- This metric considers bank holidays reduction bank holiday setting, which can be configured to anywhere between 0% and 100%. This means that if you roll out 10 scheduled hours on a bank holiday configured to 70% reduction, then this will count as 3 hours towards the rollout hours endpoint. In order to not defeat the purpose of considering that setting, the metric doesn’t consider the “Schedule bank holidays” agreement setting.
- This metric considers the “Count as scheduled hours” setting on shifts/shift types, as well as the “Calculate breaks as working time” agreement setting.
- If you’ve rolled out a base schedule multiple times for a given employee, then the hours from each one of those base schedules are included.
- The data reflects the period you’re viewing the metric for (selected period / schedule period / balance period), just like with the other metrics.
- If the employee has a base schedule but it hasn’t been rolled out, rollout hours will be 0.
Updates and performance improvements
None at this time.
- For an unassigned shift, the UT salary is not taken into consideration for scheduled and expected cost calculation.
- Resolved an issue that was deducting vacation balance from the current year instead of the least recent year when applying leave to a specific period.
- Resolved an issue preventing a new employee from setting a new password when logging in the first time after a manager has set a one time password.
- Resolved an issue that was considering old absence shifts when expanding absences to new shifts.
- Resolved an issue that was preventing saving an agreement template when a space in an integration key was present.
- Resolved an issue affecting changing an absence that displayed a message suggested deleting the shift instead of unassigning the shift.
- Resolved an issue that was not correctly disabling an absence percentage rate when creating a part-time absence.
API / Web service updates
Please see Classic version 386 release notes for more information about API and Web services updates.