In the Time view, each employee features a checkbox. Depending on the “Transfer only fully approved times” Classic parameter setting and on the actual status of an employee, you're able to tick a given checkbox which will enable the below payroll actions. Read more about the Time tab.
When you carry out payroll actions for a specific day this is done for the entire day, from business daybreak to business daybreak.
The preliminary file allows you to do a "dry run" of your payroll file to ensure no issues arise once the file reaches your payroll system. That way, if a problem arises, you're able to address this in Quinyx and run the same file again. For this reason, a preliminary file doesn't lock the actual items transferred, meaning you're still able to edit those items in Schedule even after you've run the preliminary file (unless if the schedule period is locked, of course).
In order to run a preliminary payroll file, follow the steps below:
- Make your selections in the Adjust view panel of the Time tab and ensure you select one and only one payroll file.
- Click "Apply" at the bottom of the panel.
- Wait while Quinyx processes your request.
- In the left-most column of the list that appears, tick the checkboxes of the employees you want to transfer to payroll. Use the header box if you want to select all employees - this will select all employees fetched by your request, in other words, you don't need to scroll to display all employee for the select all checkbox to include all employees.
- Click the "Preliminary file" button that appears next to the "Adjust view" button as a result of you ticking a checkbox.
- In the modal that appears, a summary of what will be transferred appears:
- Number of payroll items that will be included in the file.
- Number of payroll items that will be ignored because they're missing employee and/or manager attest.
- Number of payroll items that will be ignored because they are missing punch.
- Number of payroll items that will be ignored because they have already been transferred to payroll.
- Ticking the "Send me to file archive" checkbox will redirect you to the file archive upon clicking "OK".
- Once in the file archive, wait for the generation of your file to be complete.
Create payroll file
The payroll file definitively runs payroll for the selected groups and employees.
Compared to running a preliminary payroll file, transferring to payroll will also:
- Lock any transferred payroll items from being edited by them being grayed out in Schedule - only by reversing will you be able to edit those items again.
- Update the transferred payroll items’ status from “Ready to transfer” to “Transferred to payroll”.
In order to run a definitive payroll file, follow the same steps as for preliminary file (see above), but once you've selected the employees you want to transfer, click the "Create payroll file" button that appears next to the "Preliminary file" button once at least one checkbox is ticked. The rest of the process works the same as for the preliminary file.
What's being transferred?
The following applies in Quinyx, both in Classic and Neo:
- If you've made changes in the system upon adjusting the view, those changes will be taken into account when you transfer to payroll.
- If an actual payroll item doesn't generate salary, for instance because the salary type generated by the item isn't ticked in the employee's agreement template, then that item will display in the Time tab but won't be included in the payroll file.
- The business daybreak of the group selected in the group selector is applied. Posit you're transferring payroll for March 1-31 and the unit selected in the group selector has business daybreak midnight. Some of the payroll items you're transferring have start time 11:30 p.m. on March 31 and they take place on a unit whose business daybreak is 11 p.m. - they'll still be included in your March payroll since the daybreak of the currently selected group is being applied for your payroll file.