A tag is a container of properties that you can connect to shift types, shifts, or punches. Tags are similar to cost center codes, project codes, and account codes that you can connect to a shift type, but they can carry more properties.
Tags can be set on global (domain) level (and then usable on all units) or on unit level. If a tag is set on the domain group ID level, it will be considered a global tag.
Tags can carry the following properties:
- Tag name - a free text description field up to 255 characters long
- Tag category - all tags must belong to a Tag category
- Tag external ID - used by integrations to identify the tag in Quinyx
- Tag code
- There are three simplified tag categories - cost center, project, and account. For tags belonging to any of these categories, the tag code is the value of the cost center, etc.
The fourth tag category "Extended" can, in addition to the above, carry the following properties:
- Information - a free text information field up to 68,000 characters long
- Tag start and end dates - when defined, shifts cannot be created before the tag start date or after the end date
- Overlap flag - if set to TRUE, shifts using this tag cannot overlap, for instance, when scheduling unique resources
- Coordinates - shifts connected to tags with geographic coordinates will be geofenced when punching through the mobile app; tags can have several coordinates
- Tag periods - essentially a budget, with start and end-dates and a number of hours defining the amount of hours expected to be scheduled for a certain date interval. Tags can have several Periods, meaning the disposable hours in the schedule can go up or down, over time.
- Custom fields - these fields are made of label/value pairs, for instance, label "Customer name" value "Quinyx". You can define as many custom fields as you need.
Tags follow-up view
The tags module also comes with a tags follow-up report in the Analytics section. You can analyze numbers based on budgeted hours, scheduled hours, and punched hours for a selection of tags for a defined period of time.