Add a punch to a shift
You can add punches in Quinyx by selecting Add > Punch in the Schedule view.
Start by selecting the employee and date, and after that you can connect the punch to a shift.
The “+” sign that appears when hovering over a specific date will now display the panel to add a punch. This functionality allows you to quickly add punches in the Schedule view.
Now you can add a punch.
You can also create an open punch. For instance, if an employee has forgotten to punch in and has an ongoing shift, you can add the punch during the ongoing shift so that the employee can punch out when the shift ends.
Add a punch to a task
You can connect punches to tasks.
- In Schedule view, click Add > Punch.
- In the Add punch panel, click the employee for whom you want to add a punch.
- Chose the date and time.
- Under Shifts, select the task to which you want to add the punch. Tasks are indented in the Shifts drop-down.
- Set any other parameters that you want to be associated with the punch, like requiring employee and/or manager attest, cost center, project, etc.
- Click Save.
- Now the punch on the task will be visible in Schedule view:
Split punches on tasks
Automatic split punch by tasks when pufnching in/out in mobile
As a user with the agreement punching method Punching In and out, but not on breaks and Split punch on tasks checked in the mobile punch flow page in the agreement, it is possible for employees to punch in once in the morning and once when they go home but the punch out will trigger a split of the punch according to the tasks defined on the shift.
Automatic split with deviation reporting
For all employees who have an agreement with deviation reporting that is connected to a shift, Quinyx has the ability to automatically split punch on tasks for those shifts.
The automatic split needs to have the following settings in order to be triggered correctly:
- Activated via a request to Quinyx support.
- Settings Agreement template > Time > Type of Time reporting = Deviation reporting
- Settings Agreement template > Time > Allow punching on tasks = unchecked (important!)
- Settings > Agreement template > Time > Split shift's existing punch upon task addition = checked
- Settings > Agreement template > Time > Generate salaries on task = checked
- Settings > Agreement template > Mobile punch flow > Allow punching on past tasks = unchecked
- Settings > Agreement template > Mobile punch flow > Split punch on tasks = checked
The automation job will do the following :
- Check 35 days back in time. For example, today is 2021-01-31. If the script is executed without arguments, then the start/end period will be: 2020-12-27 - 2021-01-30. This is checked every 4 hours starting from midnight.
Split punch on tasks in the web application
If you use the following settings in the agreement template:
- Time > Punching in and out no breaks
- Time > Allow punching on tasks
- Mobile punch flow > Split punch on tasks
If an employee is scheduled to work, but for some reason cannot punch in and out of tasks during the day, the manager can do this in the web application:
- Click on Punch missing below the shift.
Punches will be added based on the scheduled time on the shift and tasks. For instance:
- 10:00-11:00 - Punch on mother shift.
- 11:00-14:00 - Punch on task 1
- 15:00-17:00 - Punch on task 2
- 17:00-19:00 - Punch on mother shift
Split punch on tasks with Webpunch
The following functionality can be used when an employee is set up to punch in and out of shifts using Webpunch and has scheduled tasks. This functionality was initially implemented to reduce the additional manual steps to create individual punches for each punch belonging to a task.
The above mentioned functionality can be turned on using two settings:
- Agreement template > Time > Punching in and out no breaks
- Agreement template > Mobile punch flow > Split punch on tasks