Add a punch to a shift
You can add punches in Neo by selecting Add > Punch in the Schedule view.
Start by selecting employee and date, after that you can connect the punch to a shift.
You can also create an Open punch, for instance, if an employee has forgotten to punch in and has an ongoing shift, you can add the punch during the ongoing shift so that the employee can punch out when the shift ends.
Add a punch to a task
You can connect punches to tasks.
- In Schedule view, click Add > Punch:
- In the Add punch panel, click the employee for whom you want to add a punch.
- Chose the date and time.
- Under Shifts, select the task to which you want to add the punch. Tasks are indented in the Shifts drop-down:
- Set any other parameters you want associated with the punch, like requiring employee and/or manager attest, cost center, project, etc.
- Click Save.
- Now the punch on the task will be visible in Schedule view:
Split punches on tasks
- Time > "Punching in and out no breaks".
- Time > "Allow punching on tasks".
- Mobile punch flow > "Split punch on tasks".
If an employee is scheduled to work, but for some reason cannot punch in and out of tasks during the day, the manager can do this in Neo:
- Click on punch missing below the shift:
- Punches will be added based on the scheduled time on the shift and tasks. For instance:
- 10:00-11:00 - Punch on mother shift.
- 11:00-14:00 - Punch on task 1.
- 15:00-17:00 - Punch on task 2.
- 17:00-19:00 - Punch on mother shift.