Send a password to a new employee
When you create a new employee, Send welcome email is automatically ticked. If ticked, the employee will receive a welcome email:
The email contains instructions on how to set a password, login information, and instructions on how to download our mobile app.
From that point forward, employees can reset their password themselves from the mobile app. However, managers can also trigger a new password for an employee by clicking "Send Password" in the People details panel:
You also have the option to set a one time password:
When the employee enters the one time password and clicks on login, a text will appear indicating that the password needs to be changed. After clicking on the text, they will be taken to a page where they have to set their own password and then save and login:
Send password reset email to one employee
You can send a password reset email to individual employees.
- Navigate to People, and click on the employee to whom you want to send an email password.
- In People details, click Set one time password:
- You'll get a message that the new password instructions have been sent.
Send password reset email to multiple employees
You can send a password reset email to multiple employees at once.
- Navigate to People, and click on the three dots in the top-right corner.
- Click on send password, and a side panel will open.
- Select the people to whom you want to send the password reset email:
- The people you select will appear in a list below the search field:
- When you're finished selecting people, click send, and the side panel will close.
- A toaster will appear in the top-right corner indicating whether the email was sent successfully.
How long is the password link valid for?
When a new password has been requested the link for the reset is valid for a certain amount of time. This timeframe will vary depending on the scenario:
- Manager login and send password is for a single user: 10 days
- Manager login and send password is for multiple users: 10 days
- New users are created and welcome mail is sent: 10 days
- User requests new password on the login page: 20 minutes
All validations (described here) are checked when a user logs in to Quinyx, and the user is notified with a red text on the login page if something is not correct (see examples below):