Time Trackers, practical examples
- Earned vacation, depending on the length of employment
- Flextime balance reset every month
- Add new vacation days and carry-over saved days
- 25 new holiday days on 1 January, save up to 5 days for 5 years
- Holiday , deduction for Saturdays
- The accrual driver Every vacation leave day
- "Dutch vacation" configuration
Earned vacation, depending on the length of employment
Employees earn 0.068493 holiday days per day of employment if they have been employed for less than 3 years.
From 3 years onward, they earn 0.082191 days per day of employment.
A Time Tracker named Holiday days is created under Settings > Tables > Time Trackers. A Time Tracker is created under the Time Trackers tab in the agreement template for the relevant employee, with the following settings:
- Accrual driver: Every anniversary of the employment date (assuming that the employee has at least one active agreement throughout the entire employment period).
- Factor level regulator: Years since employment began.
- Factor level 0, adjustment factor 0.068493
- Factor level 3, adjustment factor 0.082191
This Time Tracker will start counting up at 0.068493 per day for which the agreement is active until the employment time is greater than 3, at which point the factor will start to be counted up at 0.082191 per day for which the agreement is active. If the number of earned days is to be influenced by the employment level, e.g. if an employee working on a 50% part-time basis is to earn half as many holiday days, you must check Multiply accrual factor by employment rate.
Flextime balance reset every month
- Linked to a time tracker for Flextime.
- Accrual driver: Every month after the specified date in the agreement's start year.
- Operator: Set to new value - 0
- Accrual factor: 0
Add new vacation days and carry-over saved days
- Time tracker must be set to Balance as of: Next occurrence under Tables
- Accrual driver: Every year after specified date in the agreement's start year
- Specified date: 01-01 (1 January)
- Operator: Set to new value
- Keep up to: 5
- Factor level regulator: Years since employment began
- Factor level = 0, adjustment factor = 25
- Uncheck Multiply adjustment factor by value from value adjuster
25 new holiday days on 1 January, save up to 5 days for 5 years
Set the time tracker under Tables as follows:
Create a periodized Time Tracker with the standard deduction order = Current year first, then the oldest.
This option periodized breaks up the balance per year, the default order indicates how many days are to be taken. In the example – the year's holiday days are cleared first, followed by the oldest year.
Create 3 Time Tracker associations in an agreement template
25 new days every year
Carry-over up to 5 days
Reset saved holiday after 5 years
Holiday , deduction for Saturdays
A value adjuster makes it possible to reduce the holiday balance for every holiday and with an option for Saturdays, even though there is no salary type outcome for this day.
This example is most common in Finland.
- Time Tracker: Select which Time Tracker is to be updated.
- Accrual driver: Select Each vacation leave add.
- Operator: Select Add
- Accrual factor - Select 1 or -1, depending on whether you want to increase or decrease the balance.
- Check the checkbox Reduce for Saturdays
This accrual adjuster deviates from others in that it is only applied if it is linked to the main agreement, and in that it looks at holiday taken regardless of the agreement to which the holiday is linked.
The accrual driver Every vacation leave day
The accrual driver "Every vacation leave day" can control which day(s) during the leave should affect the Time Tracker value. This function is used mainly in Denmark.
It is possible to set whether Saturdays should reduce the Time Tracker value, regardless of whether or not shifts take place on a Saturday.
However, you can also select which days should NOT reduce the Time Tracker value, regardless of whether or not shifts take place on a Saturday, by checking the box Do not accrue on the following daycounts and checking day(s). This setting is only available to the value adjuster Every vacation leave day.
In the example, the settings are defined so that days numbered 6 and 7 don't increase the Time Tracker value. This means that if a holiday period is set for one week and begins on Wednesday, the value will be adjusted for the first 5 days (Wednesday to Sunday), but not the last 2 (Monday, Tuesday). If the time off in the example above was for 3 weeks, it would continue to calculate on Wednesday and Sunday (but not Monday, Tuesday) for weeks 2 and 3 as well.
"Dutch vacation" configuration
Time Tracker "dutch configuration"
We have done lot´s of improvements and updates to the possibilities of configuring Quinyx in regards to Statutory and Non-statutory vacation hours for the Netherlands.
There is so much information that we have decided to create a new article just for that configuration and logic. You can find that article here.