Mobile access rights in Neo
You can configure permissions for the mobile app from Neo. Navigate to Account settings > Access rights > Mobile access rights.
You will see a list of the staff categories that you have set up within your organization. These staff categories will be used to control all employee functionality in the mobile app. The configured permissions that you will see when clicking on a staff category are inherited from Classic. Review all staff categories to ensure that the permissions are set according to how you want it in your organization.
The next thing with mobile access rights in Neo are the permissions for Manager-specific features in the mobile app. This will be controlled by the permissions defined on the Neo manager roles. The table below describes how the role permissions in Neo are mapped against the manager feature in the mobile app. In mobile access rights in Neo, we added:
Permission in Neo
Feature in the mobile app
Leave applications in the manager tab
Shift bookings to approve in the manager tab
Estimated salary for shift bookings about to be approved
When the above two things have been reviewed, and you have made sure that everything is configured as per how it should be in your organization, there is one last thing you must do. Contact our Support team, and ask them to activate Mobile access rights in Neo for your organization. Support will confirm that you have reviewed the permissions on staff categories and the Neo manager roles permissions. After confirmation, Support will perform the activation for you as soon as possible, and the mobile app will start to read information from Neo.
- Employee functionality will be checked against what is defined on the logged in users staff category.
- Manager functionality will be checked against the logged in manager's Neo role and the permissions for that role
- What groups you have access to will be decided based on what groups the logged in user is a member of in Neo.
- Who you can see will be decided based on what groups the logged in user is a member of.
- Who a manager can schedule will be decided based on what groups the logged in manager has access to.
It's also possible to add new staff categories to be used for mobile access rights:
- Navigate to Account settings > Access rights > Mobile access rights.
- Click Add at the top of the page.
- Give the staff category a name.
- Click Add.
You can also delete a staff category by clicking on the delete button in the list of staff categories.