This article relates to Classic.
You can define certain general settings under the button Time > Parameters.
There are a number of check boxes on the left-hand side:
- Employee automatic times: If this is checked, it is not possible to select a clocking on time or clocking off time if you are clocking on/off on a computer.
- Shift selection adds interruption shift: if an employee selects a shift type under More options in Webpunch 3, an interruption shift will be created.
- Employees can add past leaves: select if an employee should able to add past leave instead of applying for the same.
- Employee can add future leave: if an employee should be able to add future leave instead of applying for the same.
- UT for On Call/Alert status: Select whether unsocial time should be calculated during on call and alert status.
- Times match the shift: check to make manual time entry via the Staff Portal automatically match the shift start time. The current time is entered if this box is unchecked.
- Hierarchical approval: check if employees have approval their time first in order for a manger to be able to approve.
- Manager can approve employee: allows a manager to attest at employee level as well.
- Hours with decimals: shows time in the time card with decimal places, e.g. 7.50 for 7 hours and 30 minutes. If this option is not checked, it shows as 7:30.
- Attest into future: to permit approvals at both employee and manager level for future events.
- Transfer only fully approved times: to require that all events for a certain period are fully attested in order to be included in the payroll file.
- Include transactions not approved by employee in payroll file: allow time punches only attested by a manager (not an employee) to be added to the pay file.
- Update multiple units: If it is to be possible to produce pay files for multiple units at the same time.
- Create pay file per region: in order to be able to create pay files for one region at a time.
- Automatic punch out requires time change prior to attest: requires automatic punches to be edited by a manager before they can be attested.
- Maximum manually added salary hours per day: To set a maximum number of manually added pay transaction hours. No check is executed if this is set to 0.
Moreover, there are a number of check boxes on the right-hand side which essentially control warning frames in Time > Time. These are in the hierarchical order, which means that if both "Shift missing for registered times" and "Employee approval missing" occur, the frame will appear in the colour to which "Shift missing for registered times" is set, as this appears higher up in the hierarchy.
- types require approval: this warning frame is activated when a salary type set to require a separate attest and is not yet.
- Shift missing for registered time: this warning frame is highlighted if a time punch is not associated with a shift.
- Time missing for a shift: this warning frame is highlighted when a (past) shift has no linked time punch.
- Auto punch out: this warning frame is highlighted when a punch out has be automatically created by the system, in other words if an employee forgets to punch out when they leave.
- Punch deviatopn indicator: these are set for the relevant agreement template and are therefore greyed out here as a global setting. Indicates that a specific punch deviates from scheduled time.
- Difference, shift-time: is highlighted if the length of the shift is more than X minutes longer than the length of the time punch, where X can be selected in the box.
- Difference, time-shift: this warning frame is highlighted if the length of the time punch is more than X minutes longer than the length of the shift, where X can be selected in the box.
- Time punch commented by employee: creates warning frame for time punches on which employees have commented. The warning frame disappears when the punch is attested by the manager, and appears again if the attest is cancelled.
- Employee approval missing: appears if a historical punch has not been approved by the employee.
- Manager approval missing: this warning frame is highlighted if a past time punch has not been attested by a manager.
- Absence: this warning frame is highlighted for leave.
- Additional time: if the shift has generated additional time outcome.
- Overtime: this warning frame is highlighted if the shift has generated an overtime outcome.
- Time off in lieu: this warning is displayed if an employee or manager has selected save overtime outcome to time off in lieu.
- Changed by employee: this warning frame is highlighted if the employee has changed the time punch.
- Original punch time has changed: this warning frame is highlighted if a time punch has been changed by a manager in the Admin Portal.
- Payroll system: The payroll system to be preselected in the transfer to the pay dialog box is selected here.