A tag must be connected to a tag category. You can define as many tag categories as you need.
A tag category is mainly there to define:
- The Tag Category type, in other words, the type of information the tag can carry:
- The three tag categories Cost Centre, Project, and Account can carry a tag value.
- The tag category Extended can carry additional properties, as described in Tags Overview.
- A color, giving a visual indication of which tag category a shift is connected.
- An external identifier (external ID) used by integrations.
Defining tag categories
- On the Account settings page, chose Tag categories, then click Add:
- In the Add tag category panel:
- Add the tag category name.
- Choose the type from the alternatives - Cost Centre, Project, Account, and "Extended".
- Add a HEX color code, preceded by #
- Add the tag category external ID.
- An example of the final result could look as below: