Edit Time Punches
Access the "Edit punch" side panel by selecting the punch and clicking "More options" in the "Edit punch" dialog that appear. In the side panel, under the "Edit punch" heading, you can see any warnings associated with the punch.
In the side panel, you can also view and edit the following details:
- Date and time
- Attest punch
- Punch information
- Cost centre
- Punch comment
- Overtime/Additional time type
- Corrective actions
- Split punch
- Correct breaks
- Salary outcome
- Select the "Delete punch" button to delete the punch entirely.
- Select "OK" to save your changes or "Cancel" to close the window.
Date & Time
This section displays, and allows to edit, the start and end times of the punch.
Open: Tick this box to make this an open punch, meaning it ends whenever the employee decides to punch out.
This section contains the shift that this punch is linked to. You may edit shift using the dropdown menu.
This section contains the checkboxes for employee and manager attesting of punches. Depending on your settings, the employee either has to attest himself/herself, or the manager can attest both for the employee and manager:
A blue punch box with a white tick in in the schedule view indicates that the shift has been attested by both employee and manager, while an empty box means there are attestations missing from at least one of the parties:
- Section: This menu allows you to move a shift from one section to another.
- Cost centre: This menu allows you to set the cost centre that the punch will debit. The default value here will be the cost centre set in the employee agreement, but this can be changed for specific shifts using this dropdown menu.
- Project: This menu allows you to set what project this punch should be linked to (optional).
- Agreement: Here you can add what agreement should apply to this punch. This may affect, for instance, what salary, unsocial time compensation and similar are paid out for this specific punch.
Leaving a comment regarding the punch may be useful if, for instance, the cost centre selected for the punch is different compared to the one usually used for this employee. In cases like these, the punch comment can help remind yourself and other administrators why this specific punch was set up the way it was.
Overtime / Additional time type
This section allows you to tick radio boxes to indicate whether any overtime or additional time in this shift should be paid or compensated as saved time off in lieu. Just like in other sections, the default value here is retrieved from the prevailing agreement. However, any selection you make here will override the prevailing agreement settings for overtime compensation. For instance, if the agreement used for Francis Eccle specifies overtime and additional time should be paid, but you specify in this section that it should be compensated through saved time off in lieu, the latter will apply, but only for this punch in specific.
- Split punch: With this functionality, all segments of the punching that lie outside of the linked shift will be divided up into their own punches. After the split has been made all split punches will be linked to the original shift, but they can be relinked to another shift, and to other agreements, cost centres and projects, if wished. A typical example of use is if an employee has several agreements, one which permits flex time and one that allows overtime. With this function a manager (or employee) relink the different segments to the correct agreement depending on whether the employee has worked in flex or if he or she has worked for ordered overtime.
- Correct breaks: This may be useful if the employee has punched in or out for break incorrectly, or failed to punch out for a break completely. When managers select "Correct breaks", the last entry associated with the shift will move forward or backward so that the total punched time of the break matches the total scheduled time of the break.
This section summarizes what the salary outcome of this punch that's sent to payroll will look like. Click the plus-sign to display all values here: